January 2, 2008

Looking back

My first blog entry of 2007:


"Two Thousand and Seven!!!

This is going to be a great year! I know maybe everyone says that every year, but I really believe that about 2007 - particularly for my own life. 2005 was a year of extremes - we moved into our first house, we experienced all the changes pregnancy brings (and, let me tell you, that's alot!), we had our first baby, and we lost 5 close family members during the last 3 months of the year. There were moments of complete and utter happiness and then moments of indescribable sadness. Then 2006 came, and, to be honest, it was a pretty challenging year for me personally. It has been a year of adjustment, simply put. It seemed like things would just start to stabilize and something would happen to throw me off and I'd be back at square one (not the mall - that would have been fun).

But last night, as we were counting down to the new year, I realised something...this is a WHOLE NEW YEAR - one that I believe will be full of happiness, prosperity, joy, clarity, and laughter. I really believe some things are going to become concrete in my life and I will enter a season of personal abundance. I know I am being vague, but I can't tell you all my thoughts, you know.

I just wanted to share that with you. I believe this year will be full of good things for you as well! That's what God wants!"



So, the question is, was 2007 really as great a year as I had anticipated? Ok...seriously, 2007 was just as great as I thought it would be and substantially more. In March we found out we were expecting our second baby. If 2007 had ended there, that would have been enough reason to call it a "great year". I started selling my handbags online and have had a great amount of success (as far as I'm concerned)...We sold our house and bought a new one (better and with more growth potential)...I did tons more photography for people...Mark quit driving long-haul so he could spend more time with us (ok - that was a big one)...We had a son...etc...etc. It was a great year, don't you agree?

Now on to the next.


Stay tuned for my next post. I plan to show you the year in pictures.

No comments: