November 19, 2009

simple : vinegar


Yes, vinegar. For those of you interested in a versatile, natural cleaning substance to keep around at all times, this post is for you. A 4 litre jug of this clear liquid goes for about $5 and can be used for a variety of things.
I recently ran out of rinse aid for my dishwasher and, knowing the attributes of white vinegar, I thought I would give it a try instead of running out to spend $6 on a very small bottle of commercial rinse aid. Now...brace yourself...I have been using the vinegar instead of rinse aid for 2 weeks now and my dishes have NEVER been this shiny. No joke. Every time I empty a load of clean dishes, I am amazed. On top of that, my stainless steel dishwasher sparkles inside!
I did a google search for vinegar and found it has many more uses than I thought! Enviromom has little bit of info as well. So feel free to try it and let me know your results! My next hunt is for a natural dishwashing detergent I can use in my dishwasher (one that will actually clean my dishes). So if you know of any recipes out there...pass them on!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

As far as biodegradeable dishwashing agent, the best brand I've found is the Superstore brand dishwashing tabs. But I'm a bit cheap so I buy the BioGreen tabs from Costco for way cheaper. Can't wait to try them with the vinegar now, though!

Estelle said...

Seriously...you're gonna love it.