December 29, 2010

My Favorite Blogs

About once or twice a week I scan through my favorite blogs and read up on the lives of people I've never actually met before. Funny thing is, in a way, I feel as though I have met them. They are letting me into a part of their lives, after all.

If there's one thing I "resolve" to do more often in 2011, it is to comment on peoples' blogs more. So often I'll read through a blog post and skip away, forgetting that an actual person took time to write for my benefit. I gain alot of inspiration and encouragement from the blogs I read each week and I would hope my blog does the same for you.

The very first indie blogs/sites I found were through a store in Boston called Jasmine Sola (which doesn't exist now). Their website had a huge list of links to indie blogs and do-it-yourself sites. It was incredible and right up my alley. From one link to the next, I found one amazing blog after another.

My blog list has evolved over time, but there are a few blogs that have remained on my list of favorites from the very beginning. Today I've decided to share them with you and I hope you love them as much as I do.


decor8
(germany)
Holly provides me with daily inspiration for all types of design.

anna maria horner
(tennessee, usa)
Anna Maria doesn't blog every day, but when she does, I love her take on life. She is a busy mom of SIX and still manages to run a successful business!

how about orange
Jessica finds the coolest and simplest tutorials - that's the way I like it.

cakies
(california)
Rubyellen is a young mom of three who continually encourages me to be creative.

sheye rosemeyer
(australia)
Sheye is a faraway friend who has touched me with her beautiful photography and the heartache she has experienced.

bloesemkids
(europe)
Irene constantly reminds me that having kids can make you more fashionable.

sfgirlbybay
(san fransisco)
Victoria is always challenging the way I design my home to be a reflection of myself and my family. And for once I've found someone who changes her house around more than I do.


So there you have it. Many blogs have come and gone, as a result of my changing life and interests. But these ones have been constant "friends" because of our mutual love for life and finding the beauty in simple things. I'm sure I could sit down with any one of these bloggers and have plenty to talk about, and I hope one day I can.

I hope my blog is as inspiring to you as these blogs have been to me. If I can help you to see that you can live a creative life (in whatever capacity that may be), see beauty everywhere, and develop the habit of happiness, then I have done my job. Thank you for reading my blog.

♥ Estelle

2 comments:

Christina Durksen said...

I just want you to know that every time I read your blog, I take something away from it that helps me appreciate the important and beautiful things in life. You are truly an inspiration!

Debbie said...

Thanks for posting!
i will have to check out these blogs (although I just added 8 more last week)
I also try to leave comments when I have something to say as appreciation for the time people have spent writing.