February 23, 2012

30 weeks pregnant

Can you believe it?

This pregnancy has gone by SUPER fast for me!  I know the next 10 weeks (actually 9 1/2) will fly by!  I feel like I have so much to do before baby takes his first breath, and so little energy to make it all happen with.



Every so often I like to write down how I spend my time during the day.  Have you ever done this?  I mean, track your day from start to finish just to see how your time gets sucked up?..  This is what I did a few days ago.  I'll be honest...it was a little discouraging.  Mostly because I have so many big goals I want to reach and most of my time is spent doing the routine, everyday stuff that "needs" to be done.  And I know that's important stuff too, in it's own way, but still...I really like variety.  In fact, I kind-of don't feel like myself when routine takes over.  Borrrrrrring.

It's one thing to say you don't have time to do something, but it's a whole other thing when you figure out you actually don't have the time...as in, there are no more hours left in your day after you've finished all the "have-tos".  Usually when this happens to me, I rearrange things in my schedule to make room for what I want in there.  I cut back on this, trim a little of that, remove some of this - you get the picture.  Inevitably, I'll find something in my timeline that just doesn't need to be there at all.  And this is what I'll end up doing with my most recent time assessment.  It will, however, be a bit more challenging to move things around.  That's what happens though.  The more responsibility you have, the more diligent you need to be with your time.  Otherwise it slips away.

So, what do you do when you figure out there just isn't time left during the day to work on those long-term goals you have?  Do you clean house?  Rearrange the furniture, so-to-speak?  Or do you just go with the flow until the season changes again?  How do you find balance?  I'd really like to know...so leave a comment!

On a side note...one of my goals this year is to start vlogging!  Yay!  It was actually on my list of things to do last summer, and it just didn't make the cut.  But this year, baby.  This year.  :)







2 comments:

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

I have little authority in the area of time management, being left brained-scatter brained...although I married an analytical-much-more-organized husband; which is a great blessing to me. I use to follow fly lady for home management (flylady.net), which was a great start for me. I endeavor to follow a schedule, sometimes I do, sometimes I fall off the wagon.
Enjoy your final weeks Estelle! Our little one is 13 weeks and it already feels so far away, pregnancy and it all.
Blessings!

The Renegade Seamstress said...

Hi Estelle,
I love your blog. I found out about it through Jadyn and I'm your newest follower.
www.chicenvelopements.wordpres.com
Beth