April 27, 2010

Keepin' it clean

Since we have 3 adults in our home (my husband, my sis-in-law, and myself), and two children, it is ideal that we share household chores to lighten the load for everyone. I will admit, this has not been an easy thing for me since I am the primary caretaker of the home as well as my children and my business ventures. I would like to say that my kids get most of my time (I have worked hard to keep business secondary to them)...but this last week I realized that my housekeeping is probably getting more of my time than anything else. And that's really too bad, because I never wanted to spend my life that way. So, I'm working on ways to change that.
Eventually we will hire help with the cleaning responsibilities, but for now, I thought I would try reorganizing the "system" to see if that helps at all.
So, I came up with a cleaning schedule that I hope will work great for our family. It will serve as a guideline for us to follow. I plan to post a new one on my blackboard with each new month.
The great thing about this particular schedule is that the tasks are organized by month, week and day. And whenever someone finishes a task, they can just cross it off of the appropriate list. The daily guide doesn't need to be crossed off, but can serve as a reminder.

So, if you're interested, you can take a look...but more than that, I've made it available for you to download the pdf and print it at home (a freebie!). The tasks are pretty general, so it might work for your household! Happy living (and cleaning)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are a genius! I've been wanting to do the same, but never got far enought to implement it or type it up!
THANKS for the pdf!!! You rock gf!