April 9, 2011

I whip my hair

Last night's Mad Hatter Tea party was great!  The women who put on the event did an amazing job and the turnout was awesome!

I was given the opportunity to speak for a few minutes to all the beautiful women who were at this event and...well...let's just say I need some public-speaking practice.  It's one thing for me to get up and sing my heart out in front of a large crowd, and a completely different thing to stand in front of them and try to get a point across!  Halfway through my talk, I realized I was not saying it the way I wanted to, got nervous (and self-conscious) and I drew a blank!!  After the 5 second silence I managed to get some more phrases out that hopefully made sense to at least one woman there.  And if my words didn't grab their attention, my hair whipping probably did.  Yep.  I whipped my hair around, Willow Smith style.  You can hope I'm joking all you want.  I'm not.  You had to be there. 



If you were there last night and want a recap (or just a cap), my entire point is that you are a masterpiece - a unique creation, with individual gifts that the world needs!  Stay close to Jesus and decide to live life with passion, the way He lived.  Embrace the season of life you're in and give it everything you've got, even if it seems like the last place you want to be.  Your talents, your desires and the season you're in are all clues as to what you are supposed to be doing right now.  Trust God and be open and He will help you maximize the opportunities right in front of you!

No comments: