July 12, 2011

inspire: stephanie


I hope that by catching a glimpse into the lives of real, passionate, active women, you will begin to see your own value and uniqueness in this life.  Please share this with as many people as you can because I believe they will get something out of it as well.


Today, we're talking to someone who has become a great friend of mine over the last few years:  Stephanie Marconi.  We have many memories together, from the early days when she was a part of a college band I led, to the last few years when I was a part of a magazine she started.  She is passionate and driven and I absolutely love being around her.  She has a way of motivating and leading people that has grown over the years and her genuine love for God is truly inspiring.  Here she is...





Tell us a little bit about yourself… 

I'm fairly outgoing and enthusiastic about most everything. I think I'm pretty good at inspiring people. I'm also stubborn and I seemingly enjoy learning things the hard way... but I do learn them.


What makes you happy?

Freedom to choose how and when to spend my time (i.e with family, activities that I enjoy) make me happy.





What do you do? 

I own a residential/commercial cleaning business.


What draws you to do what you do?

I think I tend to be detailed, a bit of a neat freak and highly concientious of germs and bacteria.



Tell us a little bit about how you got started doing what you do…

I was in a sales position for another company and I didn't want anyone else determining my worth. I just started selling for myself instead.



In what ways have you excelled over the years and how did that happen?

Anything that I have learned, I learned from failure. I wouldn't trade those experience in for anything. They have strengthened me tremendously. 







In your particular skill, what kind of tips can you offer amateurs or people wanting help in that area?

Be a really good listener. Listen to the needs of your clients - it will help you sell. Listen to the needs of your employees - it will help you lead them effectively.



How do you incorporate your skill into your everyday life? Does it flow naturally, or do you schedule time for it?

I have to schedule work to happen during work hours and life to happen after hours. I tried blending the two. It didn't work out well for me or my family.

Stephanie and her husband, Cam, bought an older farmhouse, gutted it and turned it into a masterpiece!


How have you chosen to use your skill? 

I don't really view it as a skill (most anyone can do it.) 




What are your future goals with your particular skill?

Just repeat the business process again and again until I've reached my goals.


Any last words of advice for my readers?

Never give up!




There you have it - short and sweet, but full of little nuggets to hold on to!  You can see more of her writing on her blog, and make sure you add her business to your roundup of facebook likes!  Thanks for sharing with us, Stephanie!








 

2 comments:

Christina Durksen said...

I love this! Great little inspirational pieces of information! I love the picture of the "knick knack" in her house that stresses the importance of where you are going, not where you came from. Awesome!

Laura said...

As always, Steph's house looks beautiful...but your pictures sure do make it have a WOW factor!