October 8, 2012

The Shiny Circle

Some of you may know, I have taken on a brand new project this fall: the photography workshop!

This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time, but haven't had the courage to start.  Then I had a friend {who oversees a weekly Ladies Time Out at her church} approach me about possibly teaching a 10 week photography workshop.  I said I would LOVE to!

I thought it would be fun, but I didn't realize just how much I would actually love it!  On the registration day I told myself that a class of 18 would be plenty for me - I had, after all, only bought 18 field note journals to give my students.  ;)  On that day, I had about 15 students signed up and later on that week another 3 joined!  And after that I actually had to turn a couple people away.

While I was preparing for my very first class, I decided it would be a fun idea to create a follow-along blog to help anyone who wanted to be a part but maybe couldn't because of distance or timing of the class.  I had another 9 students join up online and they've been following the weekly lessons as well!

This blog has been a hugely important communication tool for me and my students.  I think it has worked well to give them much more from the class as well.  I want everyone to walk away with a fresh perspective on photography and a handful of tools to take them to the next level in their skill.

I don't claim to know everything about photography, but whatever I do know, I am definitely willing to share.  I love seeing people grow and find something they love to do.  I want them to look at their pictures and be amazed at how nice they are.

If you would like to visit my photography workshop blog, please do so!  Go ahead and comment on all the lovely photos and follow along with the lessons, if you like.  Hopefully you will pull some nuggets out of what's there!











No comments: