August 13, 2007

Multi-tasking


What a perfect time to journal some thoughts. I was just sitting here viewing some of my favorite blogs while I wait for my photos to upload. Over 1000 photos, that is, from a wedding I shot this past Saturday. What a gorgeous day! I am not the type of person to just sit and wait for any one thing (the impatient type? Yes.) so, at the same time I am working on a small, but extremely satisfying, project for Murielle's big birthday party: rainbow crayons. You just take the paper off the crayons, break them up and stick them in an oven safe mould and then put that in the oven at a low temperature for about 10 minutes. You could actually sit and watch the crayons melt into eachother, but like I said, It's not often I just sit and wait. Even in the doctor's office (which sometimes can take up to 2 hours!) I always make sure I have something with me to keep my mind occupied.
So, it's early...Murielle spent a night at Nana's this weekend, so she's sleeping in today. Everytime she stays away from home for a night she comes back exhausted beyond measure. So, there will be lots of napping for the next couple of days. I am thankful I have someone who is willing to look after her when I can't.

When Murielle wakes up, I think I will attempt a trip to Ikea this morning. Murielle needs a new bed (a "big girl" bed) and I need some shelving and anything else that will help me get this place organized and stuff put away. I think I will also pick up some party supplies for Murielle's party.

No comments: