October 29, 2007

Where did the last nine months go?

I ask myself that question almost daily. This pregnancy has gone by much faster than my first one. Probably because I've been so preoccupied with my two year old and two businesses. I just can't believe it's only a few days until I meet our first son. Technically, it's only 8 days until my due date, but who knows when I'll actually go?

So, yesterday Mark and i spent the afternoon cleaning and organizing the house a bit just so I can relax until the baby comes. I had this burst of energy...could it be?...could it be that burst of energy most pregnant women get right before labor? We shall see. I still have some sewing that I would like to get done. Perhaps today. I hope I won't be too tired today. I've been up since 4am. I guess there's always naptime if I need it.

So, I have put all my custom orders on hold for the time being. I am also evaluating whether or not I want to continue doing custom orders or not. It's kind of hard since I make most of my bags from "found" fabrics. I try to find unique and quality fabrics at basically any place that offers them...department, fabric, and thrift stores alike. It adds that one-of-a-kind quality to my stuff. I really do like vintage fabrics as well, as long as it's good quality. I have been extra picky about the fabrics I choose these days and my work has improved quite a bit as a result. I still have a beautiful stash of fabric waiting to be made into luscious totes and bags. In fact, my stash is overtaking my studio. I can't wait to get back into designing and making more bags for your enjoyment! In the meantime, I am going to enjoy the last week of pregnancy and the beginning of a new chapter in my life.

No comments: